Thursday, February 5, 2015

So, I haven't posted on this blog in forever, but hopefully that will change, starting now. 99 days till sabbatical... What will it be like to be away from my work routine for three months? In 2006 I went six months without work and it was awful--the most depressing time of my life. Granted, this will be a very different kind of experience, but still. I would like this experience to teach me something about the spiritual connections post-modern people are making. What place does spirituality have in their lives? Does the idea of God speak into their world? Could something (someone) as old-school as Jesus have a place in a post-modern spiritual journey? How will congregations like Shepherd of the Hills speak into the lives of today's young adults and "post-religious" people? Let the conversation begin!

1 comment:

  1. Well I might end up commenting twice as I'm not too sure about the whole signing in to comment thing. I look forward to you sharing your thoughts as you go into your sabbatical. Words, thoughts, ideas--can we move forward to action, service and change?
    Janie

    ReplyDelete