Friday, May 1, 2015

Sabbatical Dawning...

Two weeks till sabbatical begins...
As people at SOTH and at Synod Assembly are asking about my upcoming sabbatical I am getting awfully excited!  I am really interested in the conversations I hope to have with people in the US and six other countries about what's happening in the spiritual lives of a wide variety of post-modern people.  I am looking forward to engaging with the folks I will meet on my motorcycle rides, both in the states and in Europe.  I hope to learn from them how and where they have room for spiritual things in their lives.

Of course, I'm interested in the amazing riding too!

I look forward to some quiet reflection time, some of it in the saddle of my Road King, to reflect on my own ministry (31 years) and the ministry of the congregation I serve, and to discern a bit of how God is at work in this post-Christian culture in which we live.

If you're a praying person, please pray for me as I embark "On The Ride of My Life."  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment